You thought you had it all together, packing light was a fine art you mastered, then you had a baby. That 8 pound package came with more supplies then you thought possible! Now when you leave the house you have four times as many bags but you can’t help fighting the feeling that you are forgetting something!
A checklist for traveling with a baby is essential. It is easy to become frazzled and worried you’ll forget something, a checklist will put your mind at ease!
Hygiene Supplies Checklist
- Diapers- over pack them. One diaper for every hour of your trip will keep you comfortably in the diapers. Nothing worse than scrambling for an open store to pick up more diapers.
- Diaper Wipes- Handy for clean up after eating, and wiping down public surfaces as well as cleaning up diapers!
- Additional Changing Supplies-diaper ointment, hand sanitizer, and a small diaper changing pad
- Baby wash and lotion
Clothing and Dressing Supplies Checklist
- At least 2 extra changes of clothes (head to toe)
- Extra socks and shoes
- Plastic bags- Great for dirty clothes or dirty diapers
Eating Supplies Checklist
- Extra nipples/bottles/cups
- Breast pump
- Snacks, Baby pureed food
Baby Bedtime Checklist
- Extra pacifiers
- Favorite blanket
- Favorite stuffed animal/lovey
- Extra pacifiers (did we say extra pacifiers yet? Anyone who has dug through a car desperate to find the last nuk wishes they had packed more!)
- Sling/baby carrier
- Lightweight stroller
- Car seat
- Portable booster chair
Your baby’s needs will vary by age, length of stay, and where you are visiting! This checklist will start you off on the right foot to getting your baby packed for your trip.